What is a menstrual/period cup?
All you need to know about a Menstrual/Period Cup
The Menstrual/Period Cup is bell-shaped cup that gives you a comfortable, safe, odorless and eco-friendly period for up to 8-12 hours a day based on your flow. A better alternative to tampon and sanitary pad!
It is made out of silicone and can be reused for 6 to 8 years, thus saving money and environmental pollution.
Menstrual/period cup comes with or without a stem as shown in the photograph below. The purpose of the stem is only to hold on to the cup in a better way and to easily reach out to it once it is inserted.
The actual cup size is less than 2.5 inches in height. The height of the cup with the stem is around 3 inches or a little more than that.
• As the menstrual/period cup is reusable, it saves a lot of money as compared to tampons and sanitary pads.
• It helps in reducing non biodegradable waste caused due to the use of tampons and sanitary pads
• They are leak free as compared to tampons and sanitary pads as they collect blood rather than absorbing it.
• They are soft and flexible and thus very comfortable to use.
• You can pee & poop without removing the menstrual/period cup.
• As the period blood doesn't get in touch with your body, there are no rashes.
• They are easier to clean and reuse.
Upasana Society NGO in association with Dipti K are running a campaign known as #PeriodCupCause formerly known as #Menstruation2019
Campaign details are as follows:
- Workshops for the urban population to switch to menstrual cups & reduce use of non biodegradable sanitary napkins & tampons &
- Donate cups to as many underprivileged women/girls who cannot afford it & make them independent for 6-8 years.
CLICK HERE to know more
Related posts on Menstruation:
Sign and share the Petition on Change.org:
Upasana society NGO bank details:
Name : Upasana Society
Bank: Dena Bank
Account type: Savings
Branch: Mount Poinsur, Borivali West
Account No. – 048710026097
IFSC – BKDN0460487
Paytm- 9769727057 or 7045127770
Phone Pe- 7045127770
I am also trying to raise funds through crowdfunding platform like Milaap and CLICK HERE to know more
Workshops conducted in:
Our Press Releases: