Joy of Giving - #BookBhandar
Collecting old/new books and creating a Book Library for underprivileged kids
Did you know, the 5th March is WORLD BOOK DAY?
A worldwide celebration of authors, illustrators, books and reading around the world. A mission, to give a book to every child who’s more unfortunate. A celebration of an art which is slowly disappearing and this is the best excuse to make it blossom and remind us of its importance.
This year’s theme will be to share 1 million stories, and we also want to share one.
ABOUT #BookBhandar :
As a part of #JoyOfGiving2020 Campaign organised by Upasana Society NGO, we will donate books to the underprivileged, to those kids who don’t have our same opportunities to buy a book whenever we feel like it, spending hours in a book store getting mesmerized by the best cover design, or ordering the new bestseller online when it just comes out.
We want to give them this opportunity too, the chance to lose themselves in a story, dream and learn from it.
Reading a book, is one of their only source of knowledge. So, we want to take advantaged of this celebration, and do our little too.
A little that for them is incredibly much.
They have our same right to be free, and reading, just like education, is one of the best ways to find freedom.
HOW CAN YOU CONTRIBUTE :
- We will donate story books which can be either in English, Hindi or Marathi, for children from 4 to 16 years old.
- They could either be new or old ones. It’s up to you! List of books is given below.
- If you have some old books you read and don’t use anymore, you can just send it, or if you think some book online would fit this cause you could also order it on Amazon and get it delivered to us. In both cases, you’d have to deliver/courier the book at (NGO address), preferably within this Monday 4th March.
- Help us find Sponsors for the Campaign.
- Donate individually or as a group.
Upasana Society NGO,
G-402, Pranay Nagar CHS,
Ram Mandir Extn Road,
Vazira Naka, Borivali (West)