Mission Ration Daan
Donating Ration to underprivileged families during COVID19
#MissionRationDaan campaign, initiated by Upasana Society NGO, aims to collect RATION KITS from societies in Mumbai.
This is an ongoing campaign (June-July-August-September), we will continue the campaign based on the support and funds that we raise.
We collect & distribute Ration Kits based on the support received.
The dates mentioned are tentative and may change accordingly.
PHASE 11 – 80-100 Tribal Families in villages of Shahapur
Date: September 2020
PHASE 1 – Donated Ration kits to 220 families in Aarey Colony, Goregoan & Dahisar East.
PHASE 2 – Donated Ration kits to 140 families in Dahisar East & Borivali West.
PHASE 3 – Donated Ration kits to 92 families in Khar West.
PHASE 4 – Donated Ration kits to 144 Tribal families in National Park, Borivali West. Donated 1200 biscuits to 500+ kids.
PHASE 5 – 190 underprivileged Families in Aarey colony & Jogeshwari west, on 9th July 2020, Thursday.
PHASE 6 – 32 underprivileged Families in Borivali East, on 10th July 2020, Friday.
PHASE 7 – 50 underprivileged Families in Aarey colony, on 13th July 2020, Friday. Donated 200 biscuits to 150+ kids.
PHASE 8 – Donated Ration kits to 80 underprivileged families in Dahisar East on 26th July 2020
PHASE 9 – Donated Ration kits to 100 underprivileged families in Dahisar East on 2nd August 2020
PHASE 10 – Donated Ration kits to 170 Tribal families in Shahapur on 13th September 2020
- To collect Ration Kits for 2000 Families who are affected by COVID-19 Lockdown in Mumbai
COLLECTION DATE & TIME:
- Ongoing Campaign since March 2020
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE:
- Societies, Groups, Individuals from Churchgate to Mira Road (MINIMUM QTY is 25 kg of any material)
- You can form groups with the following:
- #BFFgroup (unique way and cause to connect with your friends): reach out to your friends, decide on the amount and one person can purchase and donate to NGO
- Similarly you can form groups with your office colleagues, school friends or society members
- You just need one person who is ready to take initiative
Even if 5 members with each giving 5 kg come forward it means 25 kg =serving 3 families!
RATION MATERIAL & QUANTITY:
- Rice (3 Kgs)
- Toor Dal (1 Kg)
- Onion (3 Kg)
- Oil (1 Litre)
- Sugar (1 Kg)
- Salt (1 Kg packet)
- Chilli Powder (100 gms)
- Turmeric Powder (100 gms)
- Does one have to give entire ration kit?
Its not a compulsion that one has to give complete Ration kit. They can choose from the above list and pack the above mentioned weight for respective materials.
- Can we give the above mentioned items in Bulk?
One can surely procure 25, 50kg or more of the above items like Rice, Sugar & Toor Dal. The other items mentioned should be in the packet size as mentioned above as it will be easier for us to distribute.
- Who can participate?
Societies, groups, individuals from Churchgate to Mira Road. Minimum Qty of 25kgs of the above items.
- Can donors be a part distribution of ration kits?
Yes they can be a part of the distribution and the date & time will be told to them. They need to take all precautions needed during Covid-19 to be a part.
- Can we DONATE money for the campaign?
Yes as we will need funds to buy the items which are not donated by societies. We will also need funds for transport, packing, labour and other logistics.
- When does the campaign start & end?
It’s an ONGOING campaign and we will start it from 5th June 2020 & will continue with it till we get support for the same.
- VIDEO 1: CLICK HERE
- VIDEO 2: CLICK HERE
- All the ration material can be collected in respective societies before it is picked up by us
- Our vehicle will travel to different societies for Ration material on a designated day once enough quantity is collected
- Each society will have representative/s to collect Ration
DO’s and DON’Ts:
- DO NOT pack large quantities
- MINIMUM of 25 Kgs Ration Material from a society/building
- If one wants to donate large quantities then get in touch with us
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE:
- Societies who wish to be a part of this campaign can contact us on 9769727057 or 7045127770
- Provide the Representative contact number & the total ration quantity that the society/building will collect
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF REPRESENTATIVE:
- The Representative form should be filled ONLY by the person who is volunteering for the society/locality
- Representative Form – CLICK HERE
- The representative will collect photographs of families who provide Ration. We will be making a Collage with the photographs of all the ChangeMakers
PHOTOGRAPHS: CLICK HERE